ResponderRel8 is a peer-to-peer connect app that provides a platform for you to chat with other First Responders anonymously. The app may be used to send private, group, commercial messages, or email (“Messages”) between App Users and us. ResponderRel8 provides App Users with tools with which to deliver such Messages, and as well provides for their delivery to App Users in a variety of ways – for example, through in-app Messages and push notification services (“Notifications”). The ResponderRel8 Services may include, without limitation: Messages, App User profiles, App User ratings, Notifications, emergency alert mechanisms, text communication, video communication, prizes and products, and email. A more detailed explanation of the ResponderRel8 Services can be found at ResponderRel8’s website, at https://ResponderRel8.com.
Types of Information
The following types of information about a Professional or a User are collected by ResponderRel8 and iRel8:
- Name, including user name or screen name and password;
- Postal and/or e-mail address;
- Mobile, home, fax and/or business telephone (including toll-free) number, service provider name, and the date, time and content of App User;
- Information contained on Facebook, Twitter and other social media websites;
- IP Address, and other technical information collected by the servers utilized by iRel8, ResponderRel8 or its vendors;
- Credit/debit card and other billing information, including card numbers and expiration dates;
- Information regarding purchases made by App Users, including, without limitation, products and services purchased, amount and method of payment for purchases, frequency of purchases, and dates of purchases;
- Information about the mobile phone, smartphone. Tablet, PC or other device used;
- Information regarding location;
- Information regarding the use of ResponderRel8’s websites;
- Information regarding the ResponderRel8 Services; and
- Other information provided by a App User to ResponderRel8 in any way.
The ResponderRel8 Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18, nor does ResponderRel8 knowingly collect or retain information in connection with the ResponderRel8 Services from children under the age of 13.
ResponderRel8 understands and allows Users and Patients to have anonymous accounts for sakes of App Users knowing their identity. However, we will match real world email addresses or social login information to validate App User’s accounts. No App Users will see any personal identifying information we may have on our backend systems that would identify any anonymous App Users.
How Information is Collected
ResponderRel8 may collect information in the following ways:
- Through forms filled out by App Users on ResponderRel8’s website, mobile apps, or via websites operated by us, Professionals, or at Professional’s physical location;
- Through SMS messages sent via the Professional’s or User’s cell phone, or through e-mail and other communications by a Professional and/or User;
- Through telephone calls between Professionals or Users, on the one hand, and ResponderRel8, on the other hand;
- Through mobile applications published by ResponderRel8 and iRel8;
- Through surveys and prize promotion entries;
- Through referring websites or third parties, such as by Professionals regarding Users;
- Through social media websites, such as Facebook Twitter;
- Through the maintenance and analysis of Web server logs; and
- Via “cookies” (small text files placed by iRel8/ResponderRel8 on a Professional’s computer(s)), single pixel GIF image files (also called “Web beacons”), Web server log analysis and other similar technological means.
Information Use and Sharing
We will share information with our affiliates for the purpose of providing the ResponderRel8 Services and other services to Professionals and Users. We will share information with each Professional regarding that Professional’s Users. We will, in some cases, have third parties assist us in providing the ResponderRel8Services, and those third parties will have access to certain of the personally identifiable information provided by you. We may also use information collected, including personal information, and may share such information with, or sell such information to, third parties in the following ways:
- To market, operate, monitor and deliver the ResponderRel8 Services, such as processing transactions and requests, providing and sending instructions and Messages, measuring interest in the ResponderRel8 Services, customizing content, and contacting you;
- To determine how App Users interact with the ResponderRel8 Services;
- To analyze App Users’ purchasing preferences on an aggregate and individual level;
- To market, operate, monitor and deliver any products and/or services that are provided to you by third parties;
- To enable you to enter promotions and receive prizes from us and/or third parties;
- To improve or tailor the user experience with regard to the ResponderRel8 Services;
- To provide information and offers regarding the ResponderRel8 Services, as well as other products and services offered by or through us or selected third parties;
- To allow third parties to market, offer and/or deliver products and services to you;
- To provide, sell, or transfer information to a company that acquires, is acquired by, or is merged with or into us; and
- To identify you.
We may advertise the ResponderRel8 and iRel8 Services using a third party, and these third parties may utilize cookies or other technological means within the advertising to collect and utilize non-personal information. We are not responsible for information collected by any such third parties, nor for the collection or use of information by other websites to which the ResponderRel8 Services are linked.
ResponderRel8 sends information to third parties, which include Professionals and vendors that provide e-mail, SMS, cloud-based and other services. ResponderRel8 may also advertise the ResponderRel8 Services using third-party vendors, and these vendors may utilize cookies or other technological means within the advertising to collect and utilize non-personal information. ResponderRel8 is not responsible for information collected by any such third parties, nor for the collection or use of information by other websites to which the ResponderRel8 Services are linked. While iRel8 does not sell any information to third parties at this time, you agree that ResponderRel8 may do so in the future.
We do not currently collect or store any credit/debit card and other billing information, although we may choose to do so in the future. If such credit/debit card and other billing information is collected and/or stored, such credit/debit card and other billing information will be collected and transferred over a secure connection in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements, and is used only for processing underlying transactions. ResponderRel8 will share this information only with those directly involved in the processing of the underlying transaction, and who maintain appropriate security measures designed to safeguard such information.
Based upon the personally identifiable information that you provide us, we may send you a welcoming email. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the ResponderRel8 Services, and to manage your account.
We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, and clear gifs to create a “profile” of your preferences. We do not share your profile with other third parties, except that we may share your profile with (i) third parties from whom you receive products or services, and (ii) Professionals for whom you are a User.
ResponderRel8 may retain any information collected from Professionals and Users for as long as necessary to provide the ResponderRel8 Services to Professionals and Users, as well as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Choices Re Professional and User Information
If you have provided personally identifiable information to us, we may, from time to time, send you mail, e-mail, or SMS regarding the ResponderRel8 Services. We provide you the opportunity to unsubscribe from having your information used for certain purposes, provided that such opportunity may require you to discontinue your use of the ResponderRel8 Services and any products related thereto. If you no longer wish to receive promotional communications or our newsletter, or if you wish to unsubscribe from having your information used for certain purposes, you may do so by following the instructions included in each communication or by notifying us by email at ResponderRel8.com/Contact or by written correspondence sent to:
1801 Wewatta Street, 11th Floor
Denver, CO 80202.
Your California Privacy Rights:
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of such residents’ personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail us at ResponderRel8.com/Contact.
We take every reasonable precaution to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information by using industry recognized security safeguards such as site monitoring, secured networks and servers, firewalls, and encryption. When we ask for sensitive information, we protect it through the use of encryption during transmission, such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer). We regularly test and update our technology to enhance security. No method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information within industry standards, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information. Our strict internal controls limit access to information based on job functionality.
Use of Web Technologies:
We employ a software technology called clear gifs (aka web beacons/web bugs), that helps us better manage the content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of a sentence. We do not currently tie the information gathered by clear gifs to your personally identifiable information, although you agree that we may do so in the future.
We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please see “Choice/Opt-Out”.
As is true of most websites, we gather information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Do Not Track
When you use one or more of our websites, we may receive “do not track” requests from you, whether via signals from Web browsers or other mechanisms. At this time, we do not respond to such “do not track” requests, although we may choose to do so in the future.
Manage Accurate Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer choose to use the ResponderRel8 Services, you can contact our User service at ResponderRel8.org/Contact or postal mail at the contact information listed below to assist you with changes to your account.
1801 Wewatta Street, 11th Floor
Denver, CO 80202.
By web form: